How do I get involved?
In most buildings, members have organized a SEA Team which consists of the following roles:
- Primary Contact/Communications
- Elected Building Rep
- Attend monthly Rep Council meetings
- Primary contact with SEA
- Distributes SEA communications
- Advocacy/Member Rights
- Resource on member rights
- Learn to navigate different SEA contracts and support members
- Liaison/problem solver for members and admin
- Bargaining Support
- Report bargaining progress
- Coordinate bargaining activities
- Political Contact
- Assist in WEA PAC/NEA FCPE drives & encourage political action
- Disseminate information during legislative session
- May serve on candidate interview teams
- Organizer/Membership Contact
- Build relationships with members
- May serve on SEA membership committees
- Contact new & continuing members
- Maintain rosters
- ESP Organizing (ESPOC)
- Should be ESP member
- Contact new and continuing ESP members
Contact your Building Rep today if you would like to serve in any of these capacities. The more hands on deck, the stronger we are! SEA offers periodic training for these roles as well, so you are never on your own! SEA Building Reps can use this Google Form link to update SEA
Task Forces, Leadership Team, Committees, etc.
A strong union is the result of a many things, but one important piece is having a place for our many talented, passionate members to grow in their union. Your various experiences and your dedication make SEA strong.
Are you ready to share that with your union brothers and sisters?
We encourage you to step up and plug into SEA! Let us know who you are and what interests you.
We want to hear from you, so please fill out this form if you have any interest. It helps us gather information about what you're interested in.
We’re looking forward to learning and growing with you!