Training and Events
Here you can find links to what SEA and WEA have to offer for professional development, trainings and upcoming events.
Distance Learning Support Training: September - December 2020
WEA is proud to announce a series of trainings to helps educators who are serving students through remote, distance, and hybrid learning environments. Our feedback from educators is that they need practical “quick bursts” of trainings to support the current distance learning reality. As a result, between September 30 and December 2, WEA will offer 90 minute Zoom trainings focused on those kind of supports. Some offerings include:
- Social Emotional Learning in a Virtual Space
- Building relationships at a distance
- Planning for distance learning
- Providing accommodations and scaffolds in remote learning environments
- Facilitating quality practice in virtual classrooms.
- How to successfully use screencasting in virtual environments
Please check out this flyer to see all scheduled events, dates, descriptions, and registration links.
IMPORTANT: Registration is a TWO Step Process
1. Register for each course using the link on the flyer
2. Use the registration link in your confirmation email to complete the Zoom registration
You will immediately be directed to the course Zoom information page, including the link to access the course. SAVE this information. You can also add the event information to your calendar from this page.
Register early as we only have space for the first 500 participants. Once a course has reached capacity, it will no longer appear in the dropdown menu. If you have questions, please contact Annie Lamberto, email@example.com or Rosy Wokabi, firstname.lastname@example.org