Why Be A Member?
Your membership in WEA means you have the support of the National Education Association (NEA), our state's Washington Education Association (WEA) and your local Spokane Education Association (SEA). In addition, members can belong to affiliated groups including WEA-Retired, WEA Higher Education, and Student WEA.
Being a WEA Member means:
- Accurate information amid a changing landscape in education
- Support in bargaining your local contract
- A strong voice in the Washington Legislature
- Professional development opportunities to help keep your skill sharp
- Eligibility to attend cohorts for obtaining ProTeach and National Board Certification
- $1 million on-the-job educator employment liability insurance coverage
- Legal assistance from WEA attorneys
- Resources to help in the classroom
- Access to grants from the WEA Children's Fund, which benefits needy children
- Opportunity to attend pre-retired seminars presented by WEA-Retired
- Money-saving discounts to help stretch your paycheck
- A community of dedicated educator
- Learn more about WEA membership
- Substitute membership
- Already a member? Click here to learn about Member Benefits!
- Has your contact information changed? Click here to update your email address, phone number or even a name change!
Have you received mailings, emails or other solicitation encouraging you to opt-out of union membership? Most of us know our membership is essential to ensuring the best for our careers and our students, but if you have any questions on what are behind these efforts, read more here.